Sunday, July 10, 2011

7-10-11

There was a lot to take in in the reading this week.  I get all of the concepts that we read about and discussed in class.  My biggest problem with all of this will be me.  I know that I do not like to take risks with this type of thing.  But, I also realize that status quo for presentations is just not effective. So, I will attempt to do some changes to the PowerPoint to make it more effective, even though I will be stepping out of my comfort zone. I will have no problem taking the concepts from the reading and encouraging my students to use them. I am all about encouraging risk taking in my students.  So, if I am going to do that, I guess I have to try it myself.

I will be taking animoto and voicethread back to school this year and using them with my TAG students.  I am sure that other teachers that I work with would like to have these as options for differentiation.

I am enjoying all of the examples of stories that I have listened to.  I hope to incorporate these stories this next year as well.  They will make excellent examples for my students.  I know that a few of the language arts teachers would enjoy doing these types of projects with their students.

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about encouraging your students to take risks but not taking your own advice. I have always been so discouraged when my students don't take those risks even though I'm telling them it's okay but now I realize I am not setting a very good example for them. If I'm not risk taking myself then why would they think its okay to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you take more risks than you give yourself credit for. You have brought a lot of great ideas into your LMC and I'm sure that you'll make your presentations more effective. I also love all the story examples. I think our students will be able to really take a closer look into the lives/stories of real people. The cool part is being able so share all of these ideas with other teachers!

    ReplyDelete