Sunday, July 17, 2011

6-17-11

This week the homework was a killer.   I was definitely pushed out of my comfort zone in revamping the PowerPoint.  I felt really uncomfortable moving away from the pages of text that I was used to.  Don't get me wrong, I completely see the value of it.  But, it is not easy.  I found it very challenging and it took a lot of time.  Then when I reviewed my finished product, I wondered if it was any good.  It was very hard not to be over critical of how I put it together.  I have a new respect for the people who make this look easy...it's not.  This will take a lot of work.  I can't wait to have the kids try this.

I liked playing with Animoto.  I can't wait to put that to use in school. 

I continue to enjoy Presentation Zen.  Chapter 7 was great.  I loved looking at the examples.  They were very clever. 

To be honest, I am not looking forward to putting together the Pecha Kucha.  Not because I don't like the concept.  I think it is neat and it will be fun to create the story of a balloon rally.  Iam not looking forward to it because I hate hearing my recorded voice.  I know, it is vain. 

3 comments:

  1. It took me forever to redo my powerpoint as well. I kept changing which ppt I was going to redo because they all seemed so beyond help. I figure though practice makes perfect and we need to give ourselves a break. I wouldn't fail a student who worked their butt off if their presentation wasn't perfect. I would let them know what to fix and give them another chance. Why can't we do the same for ourselves?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you and Stacy. It took me over 8 hours to revamp my Powerpoint. I think it was trying to incorporate all these new ideas into something so foreign to me. There were a couple of times I got so frustrated that I deleted everything and started over. And yes, they make it look so easy. Maybe in a couple of years we will be experts and we can write a book LMS ZEN.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment on this weeks homework, I am still working on the powerpoint and looking over the Pecha Kucha. It was a very hard week and I learned a lot. I like the fact that you have already thought about sharing these ideas with your students and planning to use some of these tools right away.

    ReplyDelete