Wednesday, March 16, 2011

3-16-11

 Describe 2 highlights that caught your attention during the Online Database presentations. 
  • I really liked Kari's idea about emailing the Culturegrams resource pdf to the teachers. It is a great way to get teachers hooked on the product.  I need to do an inservice on this.
  • I also liked Megan's WisCareers.  I am going to check with the guidance department to see if they use this, otherwise I will suggest it for their Career Pathways class.
  (Louis Question) – How has our class and this week’s activities effected you in your professional life?  Discuss two things that you have learned about this week.
  • There is so much out there to learn about.  This just reinforces the idea of the PLN.  There is no way  to find out all about everything on your own.
  • Many of the ideas I saw tonight will be valuable to my co-workers.  I will be sharing many things I learned tonight.  Again, a valuable way to show how useful you can be.

3 comments:

  1. I do agree that Kari's idea of emailing the Culutre Grams pdf resource is a great idea. I do think collaborating with your peers is a great idea too. It is great to take away so much information from each class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again...the power of the PLN! :)
    Regarding that, I've posted the link to the WEMTA list-serv on the Lessons Tab. If you haven't had a chance to sign up for it, try it out. It's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't it just seem like there are new things everyday to learn about and share with staff. It's a bit overwhelming, but there is neat and valuable stuff out there.

    ReplyDelete